On April Fool's Day I was walking home from a piano practice with my duet partner, and when I tried to enter my apartment, I was shoved back outside and forced to go to the store with my roommate Anamarie. I knew Jake was up to something because I heard him in our kitchen. After an agonizing 30 minutes, we were allowed to come home. Jake was in our kitchen trying to act normal, (which is hard for him to do sometimes :-) and I walked into my room. I was surprised! There was a bouquet of roses on my bed surrounded by balloons and a letter with a picture of Jake sitting on top of it. I looked all around to see if there was a ring box...but there wasn't. Jake walked in while I was reading his letter and he just hugged me. His letter made me cry! Even though there wasn't a ring, the thought was so sweet.

Later that night, Jake grabbed my hand and started pulling me out the door. I asked him where we were going, but he wouldn't say anything. We started walking down the sidewalk and Jake handed me the wooden spoon (it's an inside joke) and told me to hold onto it. We walked down to a river and just stood there holding each other for a few minutes. Then Jake got down on one knee, took my hand in his, and said, "I need to tie my shoe." I punched him.
About two weeks later I was really bugging him about getting me my ring, and was trying to find out as much information as I possibly could. He gave me a few hints, and my roommate Anamarie told me he was waiting for the weather. The next day, Friday April 1oth, Jake called me while I was in my piano practice room and told me to answer the phone when he called me back in an hour. When he called me the second time, he told me he was coming to pick me up because he had a surprise for me. Jake picked me up and drove me back to my apartment to get a jacket and some sunglasses, then he blind folded me and we drove to the airport. I wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary because the day before I had been told I wouldn't be getting proposed to for a little while. I thought Jake was just surprising me by taking me flying, which was very sweet. I did get a little nervous when I found out Jake was flying the plane without his instructor. Talk about putting your life into someone's hands!
We started flying south, and Jake even let me take the controls for a bit (I wasn't very good). I was surprised when he radioed Provo tower and asked for permission to land at the Spanish Fork airport, which is where I'm from. That was a pleasant surprise. I figured we were just going to take back off again because we had no car to go anywhere with. When we got out of the plane, Jake put the blind fold back on me and led me to a car. We then proceeded to drive around for awhile, and when we stopped, Jake led me up some wooden stairs and sat me on a bench. He was really quiet then, and I thought he just left me sitting there. Jake started reading a few versus out of D&C 132 about becoming an eternal family and becoming Gods and Goddesses together. He paused, then started to cry as he read a part out of his patriarchal blessing about his future wife and family. I, of course, was bawling as he pulled the blind fold off and was down on one knee with the ring and asked, "Will you marry me?" I didn't even look at the ring but said, "Of course!"
My sister-in-law and my sister had provided us with a picnic, and we enjoyed that together while I admired my ring. It was the best proposal ever! I am so lucky to be marrying such a thoughtful, romantic man!
4 comments:
Where were you when he took the blindfold off?
Oh man, this is the cutest proposal story ever! Casey did something a little like that too. I'm so happy for you guys! SUCH A CUTE COUPLE!
Aaaaaahhh... YES!!! I'm so glad you said Yes! How many days left?
I was at the Davis Ranch in Salem in the big tree house. I have approximately 9 weeks, 62 days and 26 minutes. I'm super excited!
Post a Comment