Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Check Ride

Jake passed his check ride by the skin of his teeth today. Apparently he got some of the dials or directions mixed up. Luckily he corrected it right at the last second. It was definitely a cause for celebration, so Jake went to Jamba Juice. We only got to enjoy a few sips because he spilled the shakes all over his lap. Good job Jake! 

A few words from Jake:
I only spilled one of them!
I have been ready to take this check ride for the past two months.  However, scheduling conflicts, weather, the stupid FAA, and everything else imaginable combined against me to delay taking it until today.  An F-16 even crashed at Ogden shutting the airport down yesterday and one of the runways today to complicate things.  Besides yesterday, I haven't been able to practice at all in the last two weeks and so I was a little nervous and rusty.  I almost failed on a couple parts but recovered just in the nick of time.  It couldn't have been any closer, twice!  They were stupid little mistakes too that I'd never had trouble with before.  I am one lucky feller.  My check ride examiner was Steve Biggs.  He's missing the middle finger on his right hand and he likes to make jokes about it and play tricks on people (except when he's in the middle of the check ride).  When he found out that I'd just got engaged the week before he said, "NO WONDER YOU HAD A HARD TIME CONCENTRATING!"  Anyway, I'm glad it's finally behind me and I can move on.  Next up:  Commercial Rating.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congrats Jake!! Ya, it's hard to concentrate when you've got a beautiful girl always in the back of your mind, huh??? How many more days?